Collection of Data
We may collect the following data from you via your registration/purchase on our website:-
- Personal data including but not limited to your name, contacts, emails, gender, address, website, occupation, etc.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and the number of page views.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters, SMS notification.
- Information that you provide for verification purposes such as email and mobile phone.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our website and to personalize our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
By giving or making available your personal data and such other information about yourself to us, you agree that providing us with your personal data and/or using the website, you expressly request to receive and consent to receiving communications and materials from us from time to time. You understand that through your use of the website you consent to the collection and use of this information, including the transfer of this information to other countries for storage, processing and use by us.
What do we do with your personal data
Your personal data may be used for:
- send information to you via email/SMS/mail from time to time about services offered by us or other entities associated with ShopDirect.my or its partners,
- profile and/or analyze you using and accessing the website and your pattern and manner of usage,
- customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you about specials and new products, whether directly or through our partners or affiliates but for the sole purpose of fulfilling the functions above
- research, develop, and improve ShopDirect.my services,
- conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with ShopDirect.my services,
- generate statistics in relation to the ShopDirect.my services,
- promote and market special offers and other services to you, which may be offered by our advertisers, partners, or associates.
We will not, however, share any such personal data with other entities except for such entities that have been authorized to carry out specific services for the ShopDirect.my, or for the execution of email/mail/SMS blast.
We may in the following situation disclose your personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Protection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is important to us. ShopDirect.my will take reasonable care & precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
Change of Personal Data and Opt-Out
At any point in time, should you wish to update your personal data or opt-out from our email/SMS/mailing list, you may submit such request to ShopDirect.my via post, or email to the following address:
Caltec Expert Sdn. Bhd. (1147777-V)
No.12-2, 2nd Floor, Block B,
Lorong Plaza Kingfisher 4,
88450 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Changes to our Personal Data Protection Policy
Last update: 24 June 2020.